DIY Things To Do With Kids This Halloween
Kids enjoy and appreciate the moment - and the holiday - more if they roll up their sleeves and get involved. With Halloween coming up fast, here are some fun DIY ways to make Halloween extra memorable this year.
1. Fun and festive treats If you have the time to prep and prepare a little, it's always fun to come up with your own creations. This year, consider pumpkin deviled eggs or Banana Mummies. Not only will it pique the curiosity of your little ones, but it might be a good way to get them to try new things.
2. DIY Halloween costumes with the kids Oh yes... it's time to use those scissors to get a little destructive, and creative, at the same time. Whether they love the idea of being a ghost, vampire or a mummy, buy them the fabric and the accessories they need to make their spooky ideas come to life. This will not only save you money, but also will let your kids have some fun and show their creative side.
3. Spooky decorations for the home To make your decorating most effective, get the family involved. Have your kids hang the stretchy, fake spider web on the door, string up the lights or assemble the pumpkin display. Sure, they'll argue or boast but, overall, expect some bonding and who knows, they may even cherish these memories more than the sweets that come later.
4. Pumpkin carving contest You've come this far, don't turn back without carving a few Jack-O'-Lanterns! If you're having some family or guests over, consider hosting a pumpkin carving contest. The scariest Jack-O'-Lantern wins - but so does the most daunting or expressive ones. Memories come from laughter, fun and creativity - but also from our competitive spirit. Be sure to throw in at least one fun competition for optimal fun in your evening.
5. If stepping out isn't your thing, just order in Halloween is usually about beating the pavement. But it's also staying in...especially with a good spooky movie. Whether your family loves old classic movies such as Beetlejuice or A Nightmare on Elm Street or horror movies such as The Grudge or The Ring, spend some quality time watching the spookiest, silliest and best Halloween movies available. But, instead of popcorn, don't miss the opportunity to spoil your guests and family members with a thematic treat - for example a scoop of Spicy 'n Spooky from Baskin-Robbins Canada. White chocolate ghost pepper ice cream and black chocolate ice cream with spicy blood orange flakes. Rosie :)